Re: Totally frustrated with CD Burning!

OK - I have now added the following to my list of things I have tried:

First, I completely removed magicdev (I had done this before in Phoebe 3
to no avail). Then I tried the following:

Burned a sample CD at 8X - note that I had done a range of from 16x to
52X before. This is noted in an earlier post.
Result: CD appears readable at first, but fails md5sum test with I/O
error. Booting the CD in my laptop and running the media check there
fails.

Burned a sample CD at 8x and let cdrecord decide the defaults it wanted
Result: CD appears readable, but also fail md5sum checks and media check
when booted from my laptop.

I have been following another thread where someone else is having a
similar problem and the theory there is there could be something wrong
with the ide-scsi module. This would explain why people with scsi CD-RW
devices don't seem to be having problems. The bugzilla number is 84160,
and it also encompasses that many others have already tried the same
things I have done from suggestions here.

Thanks to those who have helped so far. This does look more and more
like an ide-scsi issue.

Someone mentioned there was a workaround posted somewhere before. A scan
of the archives didn't pull it up for me. Can anyone direct me to the
subject or date?

Cheers,

Chris Williams

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,