RE: Shrike boot

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 12:29, Bob Mclaughlin wrote:
> I can't understand why Red Hat can't use an ordinary ZIP
> type files for this stuff.  They'll do anything to
> complicate it.

An .iso file contains an ISO 9660 standard CD image, and often
extensions that specify the exact Unix file permissions and make it
possible to boot from the CD.  Some of these things are not possible
using a .zip file.

As this is a standard file format, any decent CD writing software
(including all the popular Windows software) will be able to turn this
.iso file into a CD-ROM.

You can read more about ISO 9660 files and how BHA Gold handles them on
pages 18 and 60 of the BHA Gold manual:
http://sony.storagesupport.com/cdrw/downloads/Gold_w1.pdf

In short, it seems to create a CD from an ISO 9660 image file in BHA
Gold, you need to drop the file into the "Track" field instead of the
"File/Folder" field.

There's no need to be abrasive.

--
Michael Wardle <michael.wardle@xxxxxxxxxx>