Re: Sound?

Res wrote:
On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Jeff Davis wrote:

Just upgraded a RedHat 8.0 box to 9.0. The download and ISO install went
smoothly and the new version looks good at first glance.

The audio that was working under 8.0 is gone under 9.0. Hardware browser
finds my sound card ok, but no audio.

Is there something special that needs to be done?

what did sndconfig show?

As what I understand with testing the beta. sndconfig is gone. I also got that there were some (or at least one other person) that had to load their soundmodules upon boot. If you checked the archives from the phoebe-list. A more detailed explanation can be retrieved.

In short, it didn't work without reconfiguring the sound or loading the modules, with modprobe. I believe that his sound worked alright within 8.0 also. No need to load modules manually was needed.

Jim C.

--
I'm often asked the question, "Do you think there is extraterrestrial intelli-
gence?" I give the standard arguments -- there are a lot of places out there,