Re: Totally frustrated with CD Burning!

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 17:46, Marek wrote:
> Christopher A. Williams wrote:
>

> > Does ANYONE have a definitive answer to this problem and how to fix it?
> > Is something in Bugzilla I have missed? Will there be an official patch
> > to cdrtools or whatever else is the source of this?
>

> > Chris Williams
>
> Apparently the problem lies with cdrecord. I know someone did rebuild it
> and get it to work. I and millions others are waiting in anticipation
> for the bugfix. Had to install redhat 8.0 on another machine to burn my
> cds. :-(

Rubbish, I and millions of others have been burning CDs in RH9 for a
week now without a problem. You might have a problem, but I haven't
heard of anyone but you and someone else on this list having troubles.

Have you checked your cables? Are they short enough? Your problem might
come from bad quality cables or too long cables.

(I burnt 8 records today and none failed. I have a SCSI CD-R)

/Richard