Re: CD Burning still a losing proposition

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 17:29, Audioslave - 7M3 - Live wrote:

> Guessing anyway, these cd burners use the ide-scsi module, which was
> modified to allow multiple drivers, if my understanding is correct, with
> my reading. This feauture, in my assumption, allows magicdev to
> interrupt the device,using the scd mount point. Which is currently
> accessed, using  the sg driver.
> In my theory, this causes the device to make "multitasked" CDRs. Most of
> these errors seem minor enough for the CDRs to  recover, through the
> error correction, in the device being used.

Interesting. I hope your theory holds water - I'd love for this to be
fixed.

> I submitted a bug for this problem. But cutting out the scsi-emulation
> and treating it as an IDE is all that I suspect will resolve the problem.

This is the problem I see - MOST CD burning software I see out there
specifically looks for a SCSI bus! They demand that IDE devices use the
ide-scsi module. Anyone know how to get around this problem without
having to go out and buy SCSI CD-RW drives?

Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,