Re: -g in RPM_OPT_FLAGS

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 14:51, MaC wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 04:50, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>
> > No, you wouldn't if you add the macro mentioned in the release notes to
> > your rpmrc.  Without adding that macro, I get debuginfo packages.
>
> I've added that and also added:
>
> %define                 _unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0
>
> to my ~/.rpmmacros yet it still builds with debugging info, have I
> specified this incorrectly?
> from what I know this should work, but fails for some reason

I added this to my .spec file:

%define debug_package %{nil}

Also, I'll reference an older email on this list:

rpmbuild has a new feature in that it will automatically create a
<name>-debuginfo package when you (re)build a package.  This is
documented in
the RELEASE-NOTES:
 o GDB has been enhanced to allow debugging information for applications
       to be read from separate files. This makes it possible to extract
       debugging information from binaries and place them in a
supplemental
       package. During the development of Red Hat Linux 9,
       "debuginfo" packages were generated for nearly every package by
       implementing special RPM macros. By default, the RPM macro
       configuration in Red Hat Linux 9 generates "debuginfo"
       packages. If you are building packages and do not want to
generate
       "debuginfo" packages, add the following to your ~/.rpmmacros
file:

       %define debug_package %{nil}

However, this is not exactly correct.  To disable this feature you need
to add
the following to ~/.rpmmacros:

    %debug_package %{nil}
--