Re: Lock Up on xscreensaver

i had the same Abit board and i had problems with it locking up also. i don't
think the lock ups were from buggy software as much as it was the board... if
i set the chip speed down to 900mhz from the chips rated speed of 1.3 the
board was rock solid... i was not overclocking anything, the board was just
very sensitive to heat i think... i don't know if this is your problem, but
the symptoms are exactly the same... try underclocking your chip and see if
it works.

there is a fan on the chipset too, make sure it still is functioning... mine
took a dump and i didn't notice till i booted with the case open.

later,

On Thursday 03 April 2003 02:35, Oeystein Olsen filled my inbox with:

--
michael jones * erleichda archiving * usa