Re: Quit your bitching

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 22:29, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> my disc1 ISO download (using curl) had inched up to 15 kbps from about 2
> kbps at noon. All attempts to download it with Mozilla's Download
> Manager have failed miserably since the ISOs were released yesterday
> morning. Indeed, traffic loading on the RHN site has been so heavy today
> that it has been very difficult to connect to and log on.

Why don't you use the recommended curl technique?

All you need to do is visit the instant isos page, right click on the
disk link, Copy location, paste that into an editor, highlight it and
enter the curl command curl -C - -O followed by a middle mouse button
click to paste in the long url and hit enter.

If the download stops, revisit the instant isos page, pick up a new long
url and repeat.  I downloaded all 3 isos over a 24 hr period, having to
restart a number of times.  My download speeds averaged less than
10kBps.  The md5sums were perfect.

All this griping is not warranted.  You *can* get the isos if you are
patient.

gerry tool