Re: newbie

I recall you wrote that, ctl-alt-bspace and it shuts down, for good. Then startx, never got that much.
Callan suspects I've got some weird bindings, which I suspected all along. No such thing as applic's
prefs from gnome rh icon panel menu either. Callan does not know how to get the modem going in RH. I
probably muddled a few things up while in root and had not got to home yet.

Anyhow, let's get the modem going.
I sent callan this private

I'll give you a report on events.
1st order of biz appears to be to get the modem going?

>>session shows Last  failsafe  gnome  default  What does last and failsafe MEAN
>>system shows:  shutdown  reboot he made comment:
In gnome, pops up Ximian evolution, been there 3rd screen where one enters name I email the Next button
stays white, no effect
E-mail, right thru  cannot find  xsll.alexa.com for all popups
Open office, slow  register, cannot find alexa, screens Mozilla, seen that 10 times too, nothing works
Help says go applications, select prefs . advanced, no such thing on rh menu panel
PRefs, in various screens  "choose file type " goodie, which ones, Tried a few, no result. Helpfile VERY
user friendly helpful, just like windows. One gets Mozilla help in Mozilla, of course.
Got Nautilus, not named at top  shows /home/admin  and once again get Ximian evolution.

IAIN's suggestion   ctl-alt- bspace, GOOD joke, shuts down.

That'll do

Adrian.

: