At 06:13 AM 4/23/2003 +0800, you wrote:
IMHO, the RBL is an attempt at spam control that discriminates against a
group of people based on their circumstances.

Hummm...but this is all OT isn't it?

I think it's very much on-topic. Most Red Hat users want to reduce the spam they receive and don't want to get on any blacklists themselves, so by definition it is a topic of interest to many in this community.

Do you mean the RBL lists (where supposedly you get blacklisted by sending spam), or do you mean a DUL list (where all dialup lines are blacklisted)? In theory a good RBL list (which not only is amenable to blocking people but also to UNblocking them) should not be that bad a thing. Still, I prefer SpamAssassin's approach of analyzing the subject and headers and even body text looking for clues, adding points, and marking/deleting (at user's choice) anything exceeding a certain score. Seems like pretty much the best approach out there today.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx