On 22 Apr 2003, Joe Klemmer wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 15:29, Marie-Therese Lorentzen wrote:
>
> > I'm just curious - what is RBL? I'm totally in the dark here.
>
> 	I believe it stands for Real-time Black-hole List.
>
> > I just installed "mail washer" on my Windows XP (I have a dual boot) as the
> > spammails  have become a rather big problem. As I don't know how to stop
> > spammail in Redhat (desktop version) I've decided to first check my mail in
> > Windows XP so as to eliminate all my spams before going over to Redhat.
>
> 	Spamassassin is probably  the best all-around option.  It's easy to use
> and easy to setup.  It comes with RH 8 and will make things much nicer
> for you WRT spam.

Correct me if I am wrong BUT the problem with spamassassin is that the receiving
mail server still has to receive that garbage. I want a solution that does not
waste any more of my resources than absoutly necessary. I am a big fan of
rejecting spam based on it's source and NEVER having it delivered an any way
shape or form. AFAIK the only way to accomplish that is through the use of
header checks and RBL's. The more load I can put on the spam scum's servers
the better.

Just my $.02.

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....