SV: RH hangs on large filetransfers Was[ Linux vs Windows]

Nothing in the logs, when the machine is in "coma" it is completely dead,
nothing on screen, no response from keyboard, cant even ping it.
Haven't tried Memtest, and I just assumed that since everything else is
working without any flaws, well not wsftp
at the moment, it should be ok, no hangs in normal operation.

> > As I said I ended up with a CD transfer at the end.
>
> I guess it worked but do you really think that is the right answer?

Well obviously not but since it was a one off transfer, for the moment
anyway. Small transfers works ok.

> > But, Actually I don't complain, its for free.
>
> Nothing is for free!! Is your time worth nothing? If ANY os
> gave me that
> type of problems I would fix it or find something better.
> Even M$ isn't that bad normally.

You're right of course

> > All messages originating from me are scanned with the
> latest updates
> > of Norton Antivirus 2K2.
>
> Why is this inportant?? I do not see the point of advertising
> that you pay
> lot of money for something that a properly designed system
> should normally be capable of avoiding. :-)

Of course
But
Some of my not so computer literate clients/customers feels a little bit
safer.

Tomas Larsson