Re: RH hangs on large filetransfers Was[ Linux vs Windows]

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Tomas Larsson wrote:

> Thing is that I've changed network cards cables etc. still the same problem.
> There is nothing in the logs. The RH box just goes into coma without any
> warning.
> It was a 400 MB website, about 1100 files and 60 directories, that I tried
> to copy to the RH box, through samba.

Is there anything in the logs?? Can you ssh/telnet to it from another machine??
Does the box pass memtest86?? This should be fixable if you want to.

> As I said I ended up with a CD transfer at the end.

I guess it worked but do you really think that is the right answer?

> But, Actually I don't complain, its for free.

Nothing is for free!! Is your time worth nothing? If ANY os gave me that
type of problems I would fix it or find something better. Even M$ isn't
that bad normally.

> All messages originating from me are scanned with the latest updates of
> Norton Antivirus 2K2.

Why is this inportant?? I do not see the point of advertising that you pay
lot of money for something that a properly designed system should normally
be capable of avoiding. :-)

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....