Re: updating kernel using up2date

Excerpt of message (sent 16 March 2003) by Charles:
> Using up2date doesn't destroy your old kernel, either, so if
> something isn't quite right, you can use the older one.

Out of curiosity, how would you "use" such an older kernel?

My puzzle: After upgrading to 8.0, the machine booted into some old
Enigma kernel, and many devices don't work.  Rpm reports the correct,
new kernel but uname gives the old.  Lilo complained because /boot was
wiped empty.  I can boot off the rescue disk, and everything works
nicely.  I'd like to be able to boot off the hard disk some day.

  Christian