Re: More CD-RW Burning Issues...

I'm afraid padding isn't the culprit; it seems harmless.

It was on when I burnt psyche disks, and the effect seems to be a few
kilobytes of NUL appended.  Consequently, the result of md5sum doesn't
match what's in MD5SUM.  But the MD5 sum agrees if you trim to the
true length of the image, e.g.,

  head -654321088c /dev/cdrom | md5sum

The disks mount just fine, and installation works.

  Christian

Excerpt of message (sent 14 March 2003) by Christopher A. Williams: