OT: ESD distribution system

Hello list,

First, I apologize for the OT post, but I didn't know where else I
might find RH Linux professionals who could provide some insight on
the topic.

I have a request from a client to provide an ESD distribution system
for a piece of Windows software they have written.

They originally wanted to go with a program called C.A.S.P.E.R. from
CrypKey (http://www.crypkey.com/products/casper/casper.html).  Not
having the desire to run a NT/IIS based server, I'm looking for a
Linux alternative (or another roll-your-own solution).

The C.A.S.P.E.R. software is an all-in-one e-commerce solution that
runs on a IIS server and automates the sw distribution, sales and
key/serial generation.  The client want's to keep this as automated as
possible, which is why they like this software.

Does anyone know of a similar "rolled" solution which is Linux based
(preferably that runs under Apache)?

If not, my thinking was to have the client protect the sw with another
3rd party solution, generate a set of valid keys/serials, then
distribute those keys/serials upon a successful transaction via some
e-commerce mechanism.  However, I'm have a tough time finding a decent
solution that can distribute and track the registration information
which also does not cost a small fortune.  Maybe someone can point me
in the right direction here?

TIA for any and all info.

--
Best regards,