DNS query (was Internet Connection Sharing)

Thanks to some people on here I have managed to navigate the underbrush (and trip over a few roots) and finally have Internet Connection Sharing going on my home LAN. I can dial in to the ISP with one and then access the Internet from all three. Which is what I wanted to do.

However...one small query, since one thing is so ugly that it doesn't seem like I should be doing it that way. And that has to do with the name resolving by the PC's on the network which have to go through the gateway.

Once I have dialed in to the ISP with the gateway system and connected, my /etc/sysconfig/network file on that system magically shows two nameservers for name resolving. They are apparently placed there as part of the activation of ppp0. Well and good. Linux marches on.

In order to make the other two systems work, however, I have to manually place the same two IP addresses in their /etc/sysconfig/network file also. It works, yes. But it is ugly, and it is hard to believe there is not a better way to do it. (Also, if the ISP changes those, which I don't know how stable they are, then I will have to change them also).

Seems like if the gateway computer has the DNS addresses it could just pass it on to its two buddies.

John