Re: Logcheck ignores logcheck.violations.ignore file

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 10:06:50AM +0100, Cedric Chausson wrote:
> Wanting to limit the results to pertinent information I put keywords in
> logcheck.violations.ignore. But the keywords are ignored, i still get
> Logcheck results wit the keywords in them.
>
> I did a simple test. I just put gpm in the logcheck.violatins.ignore
> file and nothing else. But the Logcheck result still had lines with gpm
> in it.

There are multiple logcheck ignore files and it depends on which one is
being triggered.  Most entries need to go into logcheck.ignore.  The
only time you need to add entries to violations.ignore is if you're
trying to match an entry that's in violations.  violations are for
security violations, not unusual events.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@ewilts.org