The second stage of the install which you have selected does not match the boot disk which you are using

I'm trying to install RedHat 8 onto a Compaq Presario laptop that does
not have a CDROM. I have copied the RedHat rpms to an FTP server and
made the PCMCIA boot disk and additional driver disk.

I have booted with the first disk, then used the second disk. My PCMCIA
network card was found. The installer got an IP address via DHCP, I
pointed it to the ftp server and it found everything ok. After a minute
of reading the first package, I get the error message "The second stage
of the install which you have selected does not match the boot disk
which you are using. I am going to reboot your system now."

What is going wrong? And how can I install RedHat 8 onto this laptop?

I have previous done exactly the same procedure on this laptop with
Mandrake and everything worked perfectly. I really like the look of
RedHat and would love to try it. Can someone help?

I must add I'm new to Linux an so would appreciate the help (although
I've been using Windows NT in all flavours since the day it was created,
so I am comp literate......if you can say that after using NT :-)

Thanks

Bryan.