Re: The second stage of the install which you have selected doesnot match the boot disk which you are using

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Bryan Jones wrote:

> I'm trying to install RedHat 8 onto a Compaq Presario laptop that does
> not have a CDROM. I have copied the RedHat rpms to an FTP server and
> made the PCMCIA boot disk and additional driver disk.
>
> I have booted with the first disk, then used the second disk. My PCMCIA
> network card was found. The installer got an IP address via DHCP, I
> pointed it to the ftp server and it found everything ok. After a minute
> of reading the first package, I get the error message "The second stage
> of the install which you have selected does not match the boot disk
> which you are using. I am going to reboot your system now."

It sounds to me like your boot image doesn't match the boot.img file that
is associated with your ftp directories.  You'll need to ensure that this
is the case.  If that's true, then I'd look at making sure the ftp
directory structure mirrors what you'd find on the cdroms.