Re: FTP server setup

Dimitri Deserranno wrote:

Hi,

could someone describe how to correctly setup FTP server for local LAN access?
I must be doing something wrong since I get "connection refused" when trying to connect via WS_FTP, passive mode.
Do you mean wu-ftp? I am assuming you have installed the wu-ftpd package?
Try a 'chkconfig wu-ftpd on'  followed by a 'service xinetd restart'

PS. Currently my firewall settings are high, but when I try to change that, the changes are not effective. Meaning, if I change the settings (for example to medium), quit and then go back, the settings are still high.
This is normal. When you look at the setting, it always starts out as 'HIGH', but if you changed it to "Medium", it should really be set to medium.