FTP server setup

Hi,

could someone describe how to correctly setup FTP server for local LAN access?
I must be doing something wrong since I get "connection refused" when trying to connect via WS_FTP, passive mode.

Thanks,
Dimi.

PS. Currently my firewall settings are high, but when I try to change that, the changes are not effective. Meaning, if I change the settings (for example to medium), quit and then go back, the settings are still high.

Dimitri Deserranno, PhD candidate

Department of Biomedical Engineering - Case Western Reserve University
Email: dimitri.deserranno@cwru.edu

Department of Cardiovascular Medicine - Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Phone: (216) 444 - 5315
Email: deserrd@ccf.org