Transferring updates across local network

This may be a dumb question, with the answer glaringly obvious. But I hate to make assumptions. Doing so has bit me in the past.

Using RHN I have updated one of my three RH8.0 systems. All three of them are on a LAN, at my home. Since this updating is kind of a courtesy from Redhat, by virtue of my buying RH8.0 from them, I can only update one machine with RHN (or so I gather). So one machine is updated. The other two are not. It would seem logical to me that I should be able to then update the other two machines on the LAN then, by merely copying the files.

Is that true? Or am I being overly naive/trusting/innocent??? Anyone done it?

John