Re: installing Red Hat 8.0 on a system with 2 processors and 3 SCSIhard drives...

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 20:13, Steve Strong wrote:
> I work for a school and we've been given an HP Kayak server:
>
> 	2 500 mhz cpu's
> 	3 9 gig SCSI hard drives
>
> I can see the cpu's and hard drives in the BIOS, but the installer only
> sees one hard drive and I think just one cpu.  The SCSI driver is loaded
> without error messages during the install.
>
> Does Red Hat 8.0 Professional support multiple cpu's and SCSI hard
> drives?  If so, what am I doing wrong and if not, what a bummer!
-----
Is there a raid controller on the system?  If so, it's possible that the
raid configuration created only 1 system drive which is all that would
be seen by software...

I would presume that all of the SCSI controllers would show themselves
and the methods to invoke the configuration during POST - Many of these
systems would have perhaps an Adaptec 78xxx compatible chipset embedded
on the motherboard along with a DAC 960 Raid controller in an ISA or PCI
slot and the hard drives would be on the Raid controller.

Always a good thing to know your hardware first...

Craig