Re: disk partition

---------- Original Message -----------
From: "Shane C Branch" <scbranch@barton.edu>
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Sent: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 09:55:59 -0500
Subject: Re: disk partition

> That does help give me some direction, thanks.

> >Hiya,
> >
> >Here is the breakdown for the general usage of partitions:
------- End of Original Message -------

I guess one could always go with a 500MB /boot, a 1 GB sway, and whatever is
left over goes to /.  The suggestion that separate partitions are need to
protect from run-away programs, security, and so on may be valid. However,
guessing the incorrect size of a partition could cause more of a problem?

Please set me straight if doing such a simple partition is really a potential
exposure to security.