Re: rhn availability

---------- Original Message -----------
From: Jay Turner <jkt@redhat.com>
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Sent: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:36:06 -0500
Subject: Re: rhn availability

> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:57:35PM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 February 2003 21:46, Craig White uttered:
> > > Is it just me or is RHN for up2date extremely busy the last few days?
> >
> > Well, there were kernel and php upgrades released in the last few days....
>
> I guess I should take this as a cue to point out that for a mere $60/year,
> you can receive priority bandwidth access and never get turned away due to
> network load.  There are a couple of more benefits to the Basic service as
> well.  See http://rhn.redhat.com/info/purchase_info.pxt for more
> information.
------- End of Original Message -------

A Basic subscription to Red Hat Network provides:

    * Email notifications of available updates (errata)
    * Flexible scheduling of updates
    * Delivery of the actual updated files (packages)
    * Summaries of update results

Red Hat Network Basic Service offers all of the functionality formerly found
in Software Manager at a new low price. Features include:

    * Errata Notification. Be the first to know about Red Hat's patches.
Subscribe to email errata notification through Red Hat Network.
    * Improved Search Capabilites. Search through Red Hat's collection of
packages and errata.
    * Instant Errata Updates. Immediately bring your systems up-to-date with
the click of a button.
    * Instant ISOs. For customers who have purchased subscriptions to Red Hat
Network, ISO images are available for immediate download. Beat the rush to the
FTP servers by downloading directly from Red Hat Network.

I had the Basic service with the boxed Pro set I purchased. Where exactly
should I have found the above features once I logged onto Rhn?  Somehow it was
not clear to me that I had any added value. The couple of questions I posted
to customer support during the install period did not impress me much either
(more help here!). Would probably not mind the $60/yr donation if I understood
better its benefits.