Re: CDROM Audio Problems

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 08:40, Gerry Doris wrote:
> I've tried using xmms, kscd, and of course the gnome default cd player.
> They all read the cd tracks and appear to be working...but no sound!

Fire up your mixer, make sure the cd-audio volume (not the main volume) is
turned up.  Also, working in windows isn't quite a good test, since lately
windows has figured out a way to get cd-audio through the IDE cable.  Linux
still relies on the cd-audio cable being in place.  Open up the box, double
check to make sure that the cd-audio cable is running from the cd-rom drive
to your soundcard, and in the proper place on your sound card.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: