Re: Excellent signature

jdow wrote:
---%<...snip...

> I have a simple solution, Guy. If I cannot read the message in an editor as
> dumb as Notepad without significant effort on my part I toss it unread. I
> note that this has applied to an increasing number of messages on these Red
> Hat lists. Sometimes I get moved to be snotty and reply in a ransom note
> style with the real answer in white on white microprint. If I can't read
> the question, why should the questioner be able to read my reply without a
> lot of work? It seems fair to me.
>
> {^_^} (As I muse about EBCDIC translations for people who send HTML or
> RTF etc.)

Some people actualy get mail from sources outside of these lists for work.

I often need to accept formatted documents and SpreadSheet/DB files. I would rather have them sent as an attachment then have to parse and reformat data from a text message.

Since I use a linux workstation at work and at home, I don't have notepad, I prefer Nedit.

Using Mozilla is the best of both worlds because if I get HTML formatted mail
I can read it, as long as it is not white on white {but thats just silly}. When I reply to an HTML message Mozilla nicely converts it to text so that my reply is in ascii.

Guy