Re: Excellent signature

From: "Guy Fraser" <guy@incentre.net>

> Absolutely, PDF creates bloated documents that require a lot of CPU to
compile
> there output {It is just a variety of PostSCript}. Besides PDF documents
are
> not that easy to read from the console, are they. I used to have a job
where I
> maintained hand written postscript Logos,Templates and Programs {FYI PS is
an
> interpreted programming language}, but most machine generated PS or PDF is
> almost impossible to "read" even for me.
>
> HTML,SGML,XML are all "tag" based document formats like WP and Ventura at
> least used to be. "Reading" these formats is usaualy at least possible
from a
> command line. IIRC rtf {Rich Text Format} is also tag based but I could be
> wrong, anyway it is a very well supported import export format for word
> processing software. If your Spread Sheet/DB application can't import and
> export csv then it is just plain no good.

I have a simple solution, Guy. If I cannot read the message in an editor as
dumb as Notepad without significant effort on my part I toss it unread. I
note that this has applied to an increasing number of messages on these
Red Hat lists. Sometimes I get moved to be snotty and reply in a ransom
note style with the real answer in white on white microprint. If I can't
read the question, why should the questioner be able to read my reply
without a lot of work? It seems fair to me.

{^_^}   (As I muse about EBCDIC translations for people who send HTML
        or RTF etc.)