Printer question

I set up my HP Deskjet 932C printer in the GNOME Menu/System
Settings/Printer applet.  I made 2 queues using the hpijs driver, one
for 300 dpi printing and the other for 600. When I go into many
applications, however, only a Generic Postscript printer is offered as a
choice.  The 300 dpi setting is set as default.  Is this generic printer
that's offered the default setting in "Print" or is it something else?
Is there any way to get these other choices to show in applications such
as Evolution or OpenOffice Writer?  I'm having a lot of problems
printing envelopes with the latter which might be cured by using the
proper driver.  It refuses to print the return address no matter what I
try.

I am a newbie to RedHat (about 3 weeks) and have enjoyed getting things
set up and working correctly.  This one has me stumped.  Haven't started
on the scanner yet. :)

TIA.  Hope someone can help.

--
Chris Maybury <candemaybury@rogers.com>