RE: Tripwire

---------- Original Message -----------
From: James Francis <jfrancis@techrx.com>
To: "'psyche-list@redhat.com'" <psyche-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:28:12 -0500
Subject: RE: Tripwire

> Go to your /var/lib/tripwire/report directory.  Do a ls -lrt.  The last file
> displayed is the latest tripwire report.  Do a tripwire --update --twrfile
> <filename> where filename is the file from the listing.  After a few
> seconds, the exceptions will be brought up in vim, where you can look
> through them or edit them.  Do a :x when you are satisfied and you are done.
> Pretty easy.

It is easier to just tripwire -m u -a -r report

However, this method will update the database for changed files (violations)
only. Unless the policy cfg file is updated, one will continue to get file
system errors. Files which simply don't exist must be edited manually in the
policy file (commented out is my approach). Once one has a correct policy
file, the method above will take care of updates.