Up2date GUI is failing on test install for a package that isn't even in the list! Ugh!

UGH! This is so infuriating. Everytime I try to run up2date (via the
little icon in Xwindows) it goes through everything until it barfs with
the most assinine error:

Test install failed because of package conflicts:
Package squirrelmail-1.2.8-1.7.x (which is newer than
squirrelmail-1.2.8-1) is already installed.

The part that is stupid is that squirrelmail is NOT one of the rpms that
up2date has in its list to retrieve. WTF!?

I've run:

[root@daevid root]# up2date --nox --packages --verbose
Updating package profile...

I've even scheduled package refreshes from the RHN web site.

I would think that that should have forced RHN to be in synch with my
local RPM database.

Not that it should matter because [a] up2date should be smart enough to
skip past any errors like the one above and skip the file or warn with
the option to "do it anyways". And [b] the freakin' RPM isn't even in
the list of things to retrieve so what does it have to do with the price
of beans in Tokyo anyways?! Grrr.

I do not wish to force the download or blindly install everything,
because up2date wants to install an apache2.0 and php4.2, and that will
hose my system. I want to keep my apache 1.3 until *I* decide to update
it. I've already got it on one machine and it was annoying as hell to
get working. I don't think there is an easy way to select wich RPMs to
get via the command line utility is there?

How in the hell do I get past this?