Re: kernel/keyboard - problem

I have the same problem as this guy...
I'm using Swiss-french (fr_CH-latin1) keyboard and while pressing Alt-Gr (needed to do | @ # ), some garbage characters are output while in text OR in X11 mode.

Does other have the same problem? Is there only EU related (No-US keyboard problem?) ?
Does someone have a solution?

Thanks
-jec

Vik Heyndrickx wrote:

Hi,

I have a most anoying little problem.

Everytime, I press the right Alt key (aka Alt Gr) on my "AZERTY" keyboard
(be-latin1) in text mode (no X), I get a "0" printed on my screen. That
right alt key is used for entry of characters like |, [, { etc. with my
keyboard layout (which is common where I live). Each time I get 0|, 0[, 0{.
I have got this problem with all RH built Athlon kernels (the one with the
psyche release, and the updated ones). I do not know if the problem is
Athlon related (probably not). However, when I install the kernel-source
package, and rebuild it without making any configuration change, the
resulting kernel does NOT have this problem. Neither is the problem present
in X.
The problem is not hardware specific, since I have got this problem on an
Asus A7V133 (with Via KT133A chipset at 100 Mhz FSB), a ECS K7S5A-L with
SIS630 chipset at 133MHz and an older QDI with Intel 430VX chipset).
I notice that the problem disappears as well when I use the us or uk key
mapping. But that is no solution, because a "A" becomes a "Q", qnd thqt is q
little difficult ;-)

Is there a solution for this (apart from rebuilding the kernel)?

--
Vik

--
Jean-Eric Cuendet