Lokkit (iptables) and DNS updates

I have a new machine (Redhat 8.0) that I am trying to get working as a primary DNS machine, but also wanting to use iptables to help secure the box.  One issue that I am having is that when iptables is running, the primary machine denies access to DNS services to all machines.  If I take iptables down DNS is able to transfer between the primary and secondary and any queries that come in from the outside are responded to.

I had a similar problem with pop3 mail requests, however adding a line to the config with port 110/tcp to it fixed that problem.

Any help with the proper line for DNS in my iptables config is most appreciated!

Bret Chrismer
bret@streetrodder.net
www.streetrodder.net
The FUN is in the RUN!!!