RE: Lokkit (iptables) and DNS updates

Without seeing the actual iptable rules you added, its tuff to diagnose your
problem. But I run a primary DNS server at this end. I had to add iptable
rules (in both directions) for...

tcp 53 -- zone transfers (allow secondaries to pull and allow primary to
send notifies)

udp 53 -- DNS queries (allow dns queries to primary and allow primary to
query other dns servers)

Steve Cowles