Re: Re[2]: Unable to boot - Stuck at "GRUB"

    bc> Hello Mike,
    bc> Sunday, January 5, 2003, 2:12:12 PM, you wrote:

    MW> I have a dual RAID 1 setup too.  When you installed the new HD did you
    MW> put it between the two RAID drives?  You have to install a new drive
    MW> behind existing drives or your mdtab and fstab file won't match the
    MW> physical drives.

    bc> Actually, my entire Linux system resides on SCSI drives.  The IDE HDD
    bc> is for mass storage only (single drive, no RAID).

And where is Grub installed, the IDE ? If so could it be that you have
not a good install of grub on the IDE.
Try re-installing grub, 'grub-install /dev/hda'

    MW> In my configuration, I can install a new HD as /dev/hdb or /dev/hdd
    MW> since neither affects the original fstab or mdtab.  If you did, you can
    MW> edit fstab and mdtab to match your new drive configuration.

    bc> Unfortunately I cannot get far enough in the boot process (without
    bc> using rescue mode) to have made this mistake.  Checking fstab and
    bc> raidtab once booted into rescue mode, neither file has been modified
    bc> since July 2002.

    bc> --
    bc> Best regards,
    bc>  Brian Curtis