Unable to boot - Stuck at "GRUB"

Hello,

I've just encountered a strange problem with my recently upgraded
Psyche box.

After a system restart to account for a new IDE HDD, the system starts
to boot then hangs at "GRUB" while emitting either a continuous-tone
beep or fast repeating beeps.

The system files all reside on SCSI disks, and has been working just
fine up until now.  It does not make a difference if I remove the
new IDE HDD.

I can use Psyche install CD 1 to get into a rescue shell.  Once there,
everything looks just peachy and seems accessible.  I've chrooted to
/mnt/sysimage and was able browse around, bring up eth0 and SSH, then
connect from another machine on the network.  I also ran e2fsck on all
partitions, and came up with "clean" results.

If it matters, my / partition (which includes /root and /boot) is a
Linux SW RAID1 mirror across 2 disks.  DMESG output does not contain
any errors, and all md's are reported and loaded without incident.
The new IDE HDD is also detected.

My question is, where should I start to search for the could-be
problem and correct my current situation?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
 Brian Curtis