Re: Adding an 80G Seagate IDE drive....

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 10:04:59AM +0100, Klaasjan Brand wrote:
> I don't think so. I ran into this a year or two ago and according to the
> grub people (who flamed me because I didn't read their faq careful
> enough :| ) it's purely an issue with the pc bios's dos legacy which
> makes it unable to use a scsi disk as boot device when an ide drive is
> installed in the same machine.

That must depend purely on the motherboard and BIOS since I have two
systems that have extra controllers and both allow me to boot from it.
In one case, it's a SCSI controller and in the other it's a Promise RAID
controller.  On the SCSI system, I've booted from floppy, CD, IDE disk,
and SCSI disk and never had issues.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@ewilts.org