RE: Adding an 80G Seagate IDE drive....

On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 02:35, Bob Parry wrote:
> I think that is the problem, I have a SCSI drive and IDE Drives in my
> system and the boot system has to be on the first IDE drive.  I believe
> there is a way to avoid this although I was never able to find it and
> it was just easier to put Grub on the first IDE drive.

I don't think so. I ran into this a year or two ago and according to the
grub people (who flamed me because I didn't read their faq careful
enough :| ) it's purely an issue with the pc bios's dos legacy which
makes it unable to use a scsi disk as boot device when an ide drive is
installed in the same machine.

--
Klaasjan Brand <kjb@dds.nl>