RE: poweroff fails on Dell Dimension 4500 with RH8

Benjamin,

I just tried shutdown -h now and it did not
automatically shut down power... still need to shut
power off manually.

I did a standard load of RH8 and have not played
around with APMD.

Upon further investigation, ps -aux|grep -i apm shows
apmd is not running.

/etc/init.d/apmd start comes back with nothing, as if
it works, but apmd is not running.

I tried starting apmd from GUI, and it said successful
start, but I can't find it in ps -aux or ps -aef.

So, it appears that apmd is not working properly.

Does anyone else have any insight into why a standard
RH8 load would keep apmd from working properly?