From: hmc [mailto:doctorebs@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2002 8:41 PM
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Subject: RE: poweroff fails on Dell Dimension 4500 with RH8

Lanny,

Unfortunately, no one seems to respond to this query.
Perhaps someone could recommend another list.

I am surprised since Dell is a very popular brand and
I would assume lots of RH8 running on the Dimension
4500, or other Dell models that seem to exhibit the
same behavior, as you point out.

Windows XP shuts power off automatically, but RH8 does
not, so it does not appear to be a BIOS issue, at
least not apparently.

My guess is it is a bug in halt -p, but the bug may be
fixable with some configuration change, but I have not
been able to find the information.