Re: [q]rhn

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 12:35, Chris Kloiber wrote:

> The username and password are not stored on your system. The system was
> assigned a unique identifier (the number I need to look things up) and
> when rhn sees that number and all the checksum's match, it knows who you
> are.

At the risk of correcting myself, username is in the systemid file (I
thought about the problem too deeply). If however the system doesn't
have your current email, I can still help you with it. Just let me know.

Chris Kloiber, RHCE                                  Red Hat,Inc.
                                  aka                1801 Varsity Dr.
Enterprise Support             "WireHead"            Raleigh, NC 27606