Re: [q]rhn

Look in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid for a line like:

With this, I should be able to look up all your other info. Hurry
though, I'm flying to my parents for the holidays Sunday morning and
won't be back for a week. Oh and send it to me offlist, nobody else here
needs to know your RHN password. :)

On Sat, 2002-12-21 at 09:13, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Just a dumb question about rhn.  I've lost my info about my username
> and password at www.redhat.com/network.
>
> up2date -u works as it should so that info must be getting passed ok.
> Looking thru the config files.  I haven't found the one that contains
> that info.

The username and password are not stored on your system. The system was
assigned a unique identifier (the number I need to look things up) and
when rhn sees that number and all the checksum's match, it knows who you
are.

> At www.redhat.com/network there is a selection for people who have
> forgotten, but I tried ever combo I can think of and only get this
> message:
>   Either that username does not exist, or the supplied email
>   address does not match our records.
>
> Short of calling them or something isn't there someway to find that
> info in my config files?

Chris Kloiber, RHCE                                  Red Hat,Inc.
                                  aka                1801 Varsity Dr.
Enterprise Support             "WireHead"            Raleigh, NC 27606