Re: File permissions messing up?

Thanks, both to Ben and Michael for replying.  It was the Samba setting
you mentioned.  Everything okay now.

Was wondering why one of you said 0777 and the other 777?  Is that the
difference is viewing it from the smb.conf file as opposed to viewing it
via SWAT?

More reading to do about samba to make sure all else is set up
correctly.  With the new Samba book out in Feb next year I was hoping to
wait until then but best start now.  Another book I'm waiting for is
Mark Minai's Linux for Windows Administrators, a revision of one he put
out several years ago.  The old one mainly dealt with Mandrake, the new
one redhat 7.3.  I'm hoping it will help me get more familiar with the
Linux way of doing things, making the transition a little easier :)

Thanks again for the help.

Neil.