Re: Athlon XP - Segmentation fault issues

Guy Edward Gallasch wrote:

Has anyone else experienced problems wehn running Linux on an Athlon XP
platform?  After a recent hardware upgrade from a motherboard with a VIA
KT266a chipset to one with a VIA KT333 chipset, I have found that I get
segmentation faults all over the place.
There are tons of people using Athlons & Linux w/o issues. This sounds very much like a hardware problem, especially given the fact that you upgraded your motherboard. If you were using the same processor as before, were you careful in removing/installing it?

Try using memtest86 and resetting your BIOS to the default settings (as opposed to the optimized versions some vendors select).

Tom