Re: system reboots instead of shutdown, please help !

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 12:22:31PM +0200, webgsm@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi folks ! I'm a newbie and I have this very frustrating situation: my
> redhat 8.0 pc always reboots instead of shutting down, it doesn't mater if I
> choose: shutdown from the gui, "shutdown now", "shutdown -h now",
> "poweroff", "init 0", it always shuts down all the services, stops all the
> processes and in the end instead of shutting the power off, it always
> reboots. I searched the web for a solution, but nothing seems to work.
> A bit of detail:
> -duron 1.2 g cpu
> -ecs k7vza pcb 3 atx with the latest bios from the mb manufacturer site
I have Duron 750, ECS K7VZA PCB 3 too, and I have noticed a few days
the same a few days ago (this box is one year old, and it has never
happened before). After a few days, I just pulled out the power plug.
Next time, the computer shut down properly.
Strange...
	Mirek