Re: Walk thru for cups

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 16:19, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Harry Putnam <hgp@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
> [REPEAT - Hooked up vie USB cable (Is this a likely problem?)]
>
> I've done this:
>
> Name:           HP
> Location:       /var/spool/hp
This is actually meant to be the physical location of the printer - like
if it were at someone's desk in an office or in the second floor printer
room, etc. Does not affect the configuration, just lets people on a
network know where to pick up their print job.

> ==
>
> Device: AppSocket/HP JetDirect

This should be "USB Printer #1" or something like that. The JetDirect is
a piece of hardware (print-server in a box type of thingy).
> ==
>
> Device URI:  socket:/localhost:9100/

If you pick USB printer above, I don't believe you need anything for
this (our cups setup on 7.2 doesn't give the option.

> ==
>
> Model/Driver for hp
>
> Make:   HP
> Model:  HP New DeskJet Series  (Mine is not thie model but seemed
>                                 the closest)
> ==
See these pages for more info on which driver to choose:
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-OfficeJet_D145
http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/

--
Michael Knepher <limbo@bluethingy.com>