RE: Walk thru for cups

>Message: 15
>To: psyche-list@redhat.com
>Subject: Walk thru for cups
>From: Harry Putnam <hgp@sbcglobal.net>
>Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 18:35:58 -0800

>Cups has quite a lot of documentation but it isn't organized in a
>hands on HOWTO sort of way. I'm having trouble with the basics.

>Is there a walk thru for setting up cups on Redhat or at least on linux?

Harry: Please give us some more information. Have you switched from LPrng to CUPS? Have you tried to configure CUPS via your web browser?

As I recall, Red Hat will be eliminating LPrng in a future version. I was never able to print with our HP LaserJet 6L using LPrng, but it prints with CUPS.

Lanny in Cali, Colombia, South America