Re: Walk thru for cups

Harry Putnam <hgp@sbcglobal.net> writes:

>> The switch part isn't a problem.  Its the actual cups setup that has
>> been failing.  There are little or no suggestions for what to put in
>> the input boxes.  Apparently it was felt users would patiently setup
>> each and ever possibility until something works.
>>

> Sorry folks my above reply got away before I added any good content.

Ignore the plethora of data... and please forgo stoning me for idiocy.

It would have been `Oh so much nicer' if at the `Device' screen it was
apparant that one needs to scroll thru lots of choices to find the
right one.  Mine was `USB Printer #1 (HP officejet d series).

Once this was set correctly all fell into place.

In fact the cups software had already done the work of finding the
printer and noticing it on USB.  A small explanatory note at each
screen might save lots of huffing and puffing.

It was a snap once I new what went in there.