Re: Video Card recommendation

On 21 Nov 2002, Edward C. Bailey wrote:

>Markku> Viestissä Keskiviikko 20. Marraskuuta 2002 13:12, Mike A. Harris
>Markku> kirjoitti:
>>> Again, "Built by ATI" are the only cards tested, officially supported,
>>> and likely to work without trouble.
>
>Markku> So Red Hat is only officially supporting North American customers
>Markku> and the rest of the world (who can only buy "powered by ATI" cards)
>Markku> is left stranded?  Should I switch to some European-based distro?
>Markku> What's Red Hat Europe doing?
>
>(I'll save Mike the keystrokes to answer this, as I've heard his answer
>several times before.)
>
>    It is not a Red Hat issue.  The issue is that the XFree team members
>get hardware from ATI, and have not gotten hardware from any of the
>"powered by ATI" vendors.  Without the hardware in hand, it is very
>difficult to know what will work, and what won't.
>
>    Oh, and you can drop the snide remarks.  Or switch to some
>European-based distro. :-)

Sure.  Go ahead and say everything that I was going to say, and
do it in 1/4 the space.  And I don't read it until *AFTER*
replying.  GRRR.

That's it, I'm going to use a European based Linux distribution
from now on.  Perhaps Red Hat Linux European Edition.

That will teach you!

;o)

--
Mike A. Harris		ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
OS Systems Engineer